At the heart of every great business is great service. And there are certain things that businesses with a reputation for incredible service all do.
Curious about what they are - and ready to take your business service to the next level? If so, here are 10 tips to do just that!
- Greet each person who walks through the door. It's a small gesture, but trust us, it goes a long way!
- Empower your employees. In addition to knowing how to do a job, your employees need to know how to treat a customer. Share your service guidelines with new employees - and offer refreshers to veteran employees as needed.
- Offer customer comment cards. Giving customers the opportunity to weigh in shows that you care about their experience - and helps keep you in the loop when it comes to what your clients really want.
- Have a web presence. People want to learn about your hours and other specific things about your business online. A website is best, but a Facebook page with photos and information about your business can work as well, or in addition to.
- Respond to online comments. Whether someone leaves a comment on a social media page, a review website like Yelp or sends a message through your website, it is important to acknowledge and respond to each one.
- Offer a customer loyalty program. Did you know that it costs anyway from five to ten times more to gain a new customer than it does to sell to an existing one? One way to keep loyal customers is with a customer loyalty program. There are several kinds of programs to consider, so definitely read up on how to create an effective customer loyalty program for your business.
- Send out an e-newsletter. E-newsletters can inform your customers of specials, new deals and events. Also consider offering special subscriber-only coupons through yours.
- Immediately acknowledge any issues. If a customer has a legitimate complaint - or you simply sense that things aren't up to snuff - act fast. Immediately acknowledge the issue and apologize if necessary. Considering adding a discount to the work performed or offering an upgrade to compensate for the inconvenience.
- Give them something extra. Let customers know how much you appreciate them by offering a little something extra from time to time. Some ideas can include an unexpected discount, a small gift or promotional swag.
- If possible, offer a guarantee. A money-back guarantee or a performance guarantee can entice customers to buy and shows them that you are serious about service!
These are just some recommendations for increasing your customer service and customer retention! There are tons more ways out there that might be better tailored to your business. Sometimes, just a smile can give a little encouragement!